Howard Center is recruiting for a Security Operations
Manager to provide oversight and coordination of enterprise-wide physical
security efforts to support a safe environment for employees, clients and
visitors. This individual will lead efforts to develop and maintain the
security infrastructure and culture, applying a broad knowledge of best
practices to meet the agency's needs for protection from threats. This role
will also be the agency leader for ongoing security operations and initiatives.
- Establishes, implements, and monitors security policies, programs, procedures, and standards to ensure compliance with agency and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for staff training on security program (incl. Content development, planning, and delivery of training to staff).
- Plans for and coordinates security operations with internal partners and programs involving community partners such as law enforcement, fire and others as needed.
- Conducts security risk assessments (incl. Behavioral Threat Assessments) in collaboration with program and department leadership.
- Leads and implements enterprise-wide emergency preparedness and response planning.
- Monitors and responds to security infrastructure needs including security-related software and hardware upgrades in partnership with IT.
- Coordinates with internal and external partners (vendors, suppliers) to implement security program.
- Investigates and analyzes security incidents and related data to refine and continuously improve security.
- Develops, plans, manages, and evaluates the financial resources related to security-related projects.
- Leads and or participates on security and safety-related agency committees as assigned.
- Maintains broad-based knowledge of security solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- 5 Years' experience in security operations roles (preferred: multisite operations, healthcare setting experience).
- Experience implementing complex security programming.
- Project management (certification or significant background) preferred, including managing project teams.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Full-time (37.5 hours)
- Benefits Eligible
Perks & Benefits:
- Comprehensive BCBS Medical with agency-paid premium support for individuals, couples, and families
- Delta dental
- Generous time off starting at 36 days of combined time off per year for full-time employees (and increasing with years of service); pro-rated for positions 16 hours or more
- Agency paid 401K retirement and additional incentive match program
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Childcare stipend
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial payment
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program HC4ME including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
Howard Center is proud to
be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service
delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities,
people of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy