“We value the many contributions of our staff, and we recognize that every person, every job, contributes to the well-being of the children, adults, and families we serve. I hope you will consider joining one of our many teams to make a difference in the lives of so many of our neighbors and community members.”
-Bob Bick, Chief Executive Officer
SUB - Interventionist - Fay Honey Knopp School:
Do you like to provide students with varied community based learning opportunities? If you do, then the Fay Honey Knopp Memorial School is the school for you!
Fay Honey Knopp Memorial School is seeking motivated staff that are passionate about embracing each student's individuality and strengths, while supporting their academic success in a friendly, therapeutic, and encouraging environment. The sub interventionist position supports teachers with individual and small group instruction.
If you enjoy working with adolescents and value enhancing social, emotional, and behavioral development in an alternative educational setting, apply today! The ideal candidate will have knowledge and experience in delivering differentiated curriculum, supporting varied learning styles, , and working creatively and collaboratively as part of a team. This person must be comfortable with and capable of being compassionately assertive and thriving within a dynamic environment that utilizes Relational and Trauma Informed instructional strategies.
The Fay Honey Knopp School is a State Board of Education approved independent school. It provides a therapeutic educational program offering unique learning opportunities to inspire personal change and well-being for adolescent males, ages 12-17 years, grades 7-12. The students enrolled in Fay Honey Kopp are clients of a residential treatment program that assists youth who have engaged in sexually harmful behaviors.
· 1-2 years in the Educational field
· Valid driver's License and use of a personal vehicle
· Experience with adolescents with learning challenges, Complex Trauma and other mental health/behavioral challenges
• Employee Assistance Program
• Employee referral program with financial payment
• Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
• Retirement through 401(k)
• Award-winning workplace wellness program including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
• Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
Our Values: Clients are at the heart of our decision making. We are committed to individual and collective well-being and success. We are responsible stewards of the resources entrusted to us. We are steadfast in our practice and pursuit of excellence.
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy.