The Revenue and Cost Analyst is responsible for service costing, reimbursement analysis, recommending pricing strategy, and analysis of revenue cycle metrics. This role provides comprehensive financial analysis, financial modeling, service delivery costing, strategic metrics compilation, and ad hoc analyses to improve the agency's financial performance. The Analyst will be expected to take the lead on new projects, function independently within a fast-paced environment, and work on several different projects/tasks simultaneously. Assignments will include complex data analysis projects that can be multi-disciplinary or interdepartmental. Effectively communicating issues and results is critical to being successful in this position.
- Benchmarking; initial data mining from multiple sources for cost models and associated pricing
- Perform cost studies and basic cost / benefit analysis
- Complete project/contract cost reports
Revenue Cycle Analysis
- Track revenue over time and analyze trends.
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance
- Perform revenue and usage analysis at the facility level to find potential billing and revenue opportunities.
- A combination of relevant skills, experience and/or education in business, or related quantitative discipline
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of budgeting
- Strong presentation skills
- High proficiency to work with software applications, Excel and databases (e.g. MS Access)
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal with ability to explain finance to "non-finance" individuals
Perks & Benefits:
- Comprehensive BCBS Medical with agency-paid premium support for individuals, couples, and families.
- Delta Dental
- Generous time off starting at 36 days of combined time off per year for full-time employees (and increasing with years of service); pro-rated for positions 16 hours or more.
- Agency paid 401K retirement and additional incentive match program
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Childcare stipend
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial payment
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program HC4ME including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy.