Howard Center is
recruiting for a Manager of Safety to develop, implement, and promote initiatives
to continuously enhance agency-wide safety program and wellness culture.
This role will ensure compliance of safety programs in accordance with state
and federal occupational safety & health regulations, and agency policies /
procedures. This position will also manage the agency's Workers
Compensation program and will oversee administration of the claims process.
- Develop, manage and
implement the agency's safety programs including incident investigation
and mitigation, training solutions, equipment needs and process
- Oversee the
administration of the agency workers compensation program, Occupational
Safety Health Act (OSHA) reporting, log maintenance and posting
administration and coordination of HR related audits and compliance
leadership and coaching to supervisors and committees in planning, directing
and managing safety initiatives to ensure that staff are aware of and acting in
compliance with all applicable safety regulations, and policies/procedures.
- Participate in periodic claims
reviews, manage injury claims, light duty assignments and recommend
- Involved in facilitating
employee orientations, administering safe work procedures and practices,
and educating staff on rules and requirements.
the agency's central safety committee. Ensure alignment of agency-wide
safety objectives and local site-specific safety initiatives.
- Analyze history/trends of incidents to determine root causes for injury mitigation.
- Inspect and monitor worksites and activities for hazard mitigation.
- Co-chair of the agency's wellness (Hc4me) committee and participates on the Security committee.
- Establish and maintain the agency's safety policies, programs and procedures in accordance with federal and state safety regulations. Researches, recommends and implements best practices.
- Liaise with agency leaders, external partners, and other key stakeholders related to safety, security and wellness initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree required in Human Resources, Business Management or related field.
- Three to five years of work place safety experience.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
Perks & Benefits:
- Comprehensive BCBS Medical with agency-paid premium support for individuals, couples, and families.
- Delta Dental
- Generous time off starting at 36 days of combined time off per year for full-time employees (and increasing with years of service); pro-rated for positions 16 hours or more.
- Agency paid 401K retirement and additional incentive match program
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Childcare stipend
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial payment
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program HC4ME including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
Howard Center is proud to
be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery
is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of
color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY.
Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy