Oversee academic assessment, curriculum
instruction and progress monitoring of all students in the Baird School and
INCLUSION Program. Lead and support
daily operations at the Baird School, ensuring teachers are proficient in the
delivery of the 21st century learning practices including use of
technology in the classroom.
- Develop and lead program and educational staff development initiatives
- Recruit, train, supervise and evaluate education staff in the areas of Individual Education Plan (IEP) development, educational evaluations, curriculum development/instruction, speech/language needs, behavior management/intervention and collaborative teaming
- Assist in development and coordination of employee in-service training
- Serve as the Acting Director in the absence of the Director
- Participate in administrative oversight of operations, ensuring education instruction meets VT State requirements
- Participate on Leadership teams, representing the agency and school in community forums
- Collaborate with LEA liaisons and other service providers
- Coordinate legally-mandated special education procedures for the school along with comprehensive evaluations, progress monitoring assessment reports and Educational Outcome Reports
Watch this YouTube clip to hear from others doing the work!
- Masters degree
- EducLevel_II License
- Vermont Special Educators License or equivalent
- Supervisory Experience
- Experience providing consultation and training with students with emotional/behavioral challenges
- Valid driver's license and use of a personal vehicle
- This is a full time
- This is an exempt position
Candidates will be asked to also submit an application through www.schoolspring.com.
Perks & Benefits:
- Comprehensive BCBS Medical with agency-paid premium support for individuals, couples, and families.
- Delta Dental
- Generous time off starting at 36 days of combined time off per year for full-time employees (and increasing with years of service); pro-rated for positions 16 hours or more.
- Agency paid 401K retirement and additional incentive match program
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Childcare stipend
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial payment
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program HC4ME including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy.