The INCLUSION Program and Baird School is seeking a Clinical Behavior Specialist to join an innovative team that supports the social, emotional, behavioral, and academic needs of students within their school settings throughout Chittenden County. These settings include public schools, the therapeutic milieu of Baird School, and the Tutorial And Behavior Services program for students requiring intensive supports in alternative learning environments.
The ideal candidate will possess strong assessment, diagnostic, and crisis intervention skills. The ability to work collaboratively with mental health and educational teams is essential. The candidate will have demonstrated skills supporting the placement of students with emotional disabilities through the provision of training and supervision to staff working directly with students. Candidates must be proficient in the development of behavioral modification plans and an ability to analyze and interpret data.
Conduct behavioral assessments
Develop comprehensive behavioral treatment plans
Hire, train and supervise Interventionists
Collaborate with educational teams and families as the Primary Care Coordinator for students
Provide crisis supports
Facilitate the reintegration of students into a less restrictive educational environment
Master's Degree or higher in Education, Psychology, or Applied Behavior Analysis
Previous experience with supervision and consultation
An understanding of educational systems and processes
Use of a personal vehicle and a clean driving record
Clinical License or license-eligible (See Licensing Requirements below)
This is a full time position
This is a salaried position
This is a benefits-eligible position
Licensing Requirement Notice
Vermont regulation mandates that if you do not hold a valid license then you must be on the Roster of Nonlicensed & Noncertified Psychotherapists before you can be hired for work in this position. If you are not yet on the Roster, please begin the process immediately to avoid delay in hiring. Note this process may take 3-5 days for in-state applications and up to several weeks for out-of-state applications. Instructions can be found on the website for the Vermont Office of Professional Regulation.
- Comprehensive BCBS Medical with agency-paid premium support for individuals, couples, and families
- Delta dental
- Generous time off starting at 36 days of combined time off per year for full-time employees (and increasing with years of service); pro-rated for positions 20 hours or more
- Agency paid 401K retirement and additional incentive match program
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Childcare stipend
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial payment
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program HC4ME including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
Burlington is a vibrant, picturesque community on Lake Champlain and the most culturally diverse city in Vermont. Burlington has an international airport, and is in close proximity to a number of large cities, including Montreal (90 minutes away by car), Boston (45 minutes by air), and New York City (one hour by air). With our excellent schools system, parks, Lake Champlain, and local ski mountains within an hour's drive, it is not surprising that Burlington routinely finds itself on the "best places in the country to raise children" lists.
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy.