We value the many contributions of our staff,
and we recognize that every person, every job, contributes to the well-being of
the children, adults, and families we serve. I hope you will consider joining
one of our many teams to make a difference in the lives of so many of our
neighbors and community members."
-Bob Bick, Chief Executive Officer
Click the link below to learn how Howard Center
helps change lives:
Residential Counselor Youth - Transition House:
Employees in this
position may be eligible for up to $3,000 in grant-funded tuition or loan
The Transition House is a 4-bed residential
treatment program in Essex, VT. The goal of the work is to promote and
support successful transitions for adolescent males, back into their
Become a teacher, mentor, mediator and life
coach to our residents, while developing therapeutic relationships and modeling
healthy living skills. This position comes with valuable supervision
and training and the opportunity for professional growth within the agency.
- Model and teach independent living skills
- Develop therapeutic relationships with residents
- Implement conflict resolution strategies
- Teach healthy emotion regulations skills
- Assist in the daily living of adolescents residing in
this residential home
- Provide proper level of supervision
- A combination of skills, experience and/or education
- Use of a personal vehicle with a clean driving record
- Travel throughout Chittenden County
- Ability to make decisions in a crisis independently
- Full time (40 hours)
- Transition House is a 24/7 program. Schedule is four asleep overnight shifts (with periodic check-ins with clients)
- Schedule is Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday nights from 10pm-8am
- Starting at $20.54 an hour
- We offer a competitive salary commensurate to
- Generous time off starting at 36 days of combined time off per year for full-time employees (and increasing with years of service); pro-rated for positions 16 hours or more
- Comprehensive BCBS Medical with 80% agency-paid premium support for individuals, couples, and families (pro-rated for part time). This Point of Service Plan features no deductible.
- Two Dental options through Delta Dental
- Vision Insurance
- Employer 401(k) contributions
- Employer Paid Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term insurance
- Medical & Childcare Flexible Spending Account
- Childcare Stipend
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial payment
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
- Employee referral and sign on bonus is subject to Howard Center policy.
Our Values: Clients are at the heart of our decision making. We are committed to individual and collective well-being and success. We are responsible stewards of the resources entrusted to us. We are steadfast in our practice and pursuit of excellence.
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color, LGBTQIA and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy.