We value the many contributions of our staff, and we recognize that every person, every job, contributes to the well-being of the children, adults, and families we serve. I hope you will consider joining one of our many teams to make a difference in the lives of so many of our neighbors and community members."
-Bob Bick, Chief Executive Officer
Click the link below to learn how Howard Center helps change lives:
Team Lead- Baird School
Provide behavioral and administrative supervision to Behavior Interventionists in the Baird School.
The Baird School Baird School offers multi-faceted academic, social, emotional, and behavioral programming to students ages 5-14, in grades K-8, who have significant challenges in these areas. Professional educators, clinicians and support staff assist students in developing skills and strategies to help them function successfully at school, home, and in their communities.
The successful candidate is able to effectively model how to work with highly traumatized children and ensure safety in the work. Team Leads ensure that the highest quality of care is provided at all times. Consider this position if you have a Bachelor's Degree, professional work in the field, and feel comfortable in a leadership position.
- Create/facilitate on the job training to advance the skills of Behavior Interventionists
- Supervise Behavior Interventionists
- Insure consistency of the implementation of individual treatment plans
- Use independent decision making and strong judgement skills for daily programmatic needs and crisis situations
- Provide individual and group supports to assigned children
- Utilizing Applied Behavior Analysis methodology, effectively implement treatment techniques as prescribed
- Bachelor's degree
- 2 years of professional work in the field
- Prefer experience working in a day treatment setting
- Driving is required as well as an acceptable driving record
- Full Time
- Annual salary starting at $42,921
- We offer a competitive salary commensurate to experience
- Generous time off starting at 36 days of combined time off per year for full-time employees (and increasing with years of service); pro-rated for positions 16 hours or more
- Comprehensive BCBS Medical with 80% agency-paid premium support for individuals, couples, and families (pro-rated for part time). This Point of Service Plan features no deductible.
- Two Dental options through Delta Dental
- Vision Insurance
- Employer 401(k) contributions
- Employer Paid Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term insurance
- Medical & Childcare Flexible Spending Account
- Childcare Stipend
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial payment
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
- Employee referral and sign on bonus is subject to Howard Center policy.
Our Values: Clients are at the heart of our decision making. We are committed to individual and collective well-being and success. We are responsible stewards of the resources entrusted to us. We are steadfast in our practice and pursuit of excellence.
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color, LGBTQIA and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy.