Support individual and small group instruction at the Jean Garvin School. Provide class coverage when the Classroom Teachers are absent and teach academic and social skills curriculum to students.
The Jean Garvin School is a small (28 student) Therapeutic Alternative Education program serving students in grades 7 - 12, and is located in Williston, VT.
Consider this position if you have a Bachelors Degree and have a valid driver's license with an acceptable driving history. An EducLevel_1 Teaching License is required. The ideal candidate will have knowledge and experience in delivering differentiated curriculum, supporting varied learning styles, developing and implementing plans to meet transition goals, and working creatively and collaboratively as part of a team. This person must be comfortable with and capable of being compassionately assertive and thriving within a dynamic environment that utilizes Trauma Informed instructional strategies.
Watch this YouTube clip to hear from others doing the work!
Perks & Benefits:
- Comprehensive BCBS Medical with agency-paid premium support for individuals, couples, and families
- Delta dental
- Generous time off starting at 36 days of combined time off per year for full-time employees (and increasing with years of service); pro-rated for positions 16 hours or more.
- Agency paid 401K retirement and additional incentive match program
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Childcare stipend
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial payment
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program HC4ME including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!