Deliver a differentiated
curriculum that supports varied learning styles. Develop and implement plans to
meet transition goals, while working creatively and collaboratively as part of
The Jean Garvin School is
a small (28 student) Therapeutic Alternative Education program serving students
in grades 7 - 12, and is located in Williston, VT.
- Teach academic and social skills curriculum to
- Substitute teacher for all classrooms
- Curriculum development, daily lesson planning
- Collaborate with educational & clinical staff to
assist in coordinating the education and mental health treatment for
- Model and implement behavior techniques to maintain and
- Bachelor's Degree
- VT Teaching License, grades 7 – 12 or License
- 1-2 years in the Education field
- Experience with adolescents with learning challenges,
ASD, Complex Trauma and other mental health challenges.
- Capable of being compassionately assertive and thriving
within a dynamic environment that utilizes Trauma Informed instructional
- Valid driver's license and an acceptable driving
- Full-time (37.5 hours/week) year-round
- Benefit eligible position
- Union eligible position
- Annual salary of $38,941.50
offer a competitive salary commensurate to experience
Watch this YouTube clip
to hear from others doing the work!
- 36 paid days off
- 401k with up to 8% employer contribution
- Excellent Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Childcare stipend
*All sign on bonuses are exclusively offered to
external staff and internal staff are not eligible.
*All referral bonuses are exclusively offered
to internal staff and external applicants are not eligible.
Howard Center is proud
to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service
delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities,
people of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy