Support individual and small group instruction at the Baird School. The Teaching Interventionist will also be responsible for class coverage when the Classroom Teachers are absent.
The Baird School provides an alternative educational environment for children ages 5-14 (grades K-8) whose needs cannot be met in a regular educational environment due to social, emotional and/or behavioral challenges. Students engage in academic, social, emotional, and behavioral programming to develop skills/strategies that will allow them to succeed in the least restrictive educational environment available to them.
Consider this position if you have a Bachelor's Degree, hold a EducLevel_1 license and have a valid driver's license with an acceptable driving history.
Burlington is a vibrant, picturesque community on Lake Champlain and the most culturally diverse city in Vermont. Burlington has an international airport, and is in close proximity to a number of large cities, including Montreal (90 minutes away by car), Boston (45 minutes by air), and New York City (one hour by air). With our excellent schools system, parks, Lake Champlain, and local ski mountains within an hour's drive, it is not surprising that Burlington routinely finds itself on the "best places in the country to raise children" lists.
Perks & Benefits:
- Comprehensive BCBS Medical with agency-paid premium support for individuals, couples, and families
- Delta dental
- Generous time off starting at 36 days of combined time off per year for full-time employees (and increasing with years of service); pro-rated for positions 16 hours or more
- Agency paid 401K retirement and additional incentive match program
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Childcare stipend
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial payment
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program HC4ME including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy.