Jean Garvin School is expanding their current structure to include supports for a more intensive educational program and wants YOU to be a part of it! This is a great opportunity to help grow a unique, new program for youth in our community.
Garvin Intensive Program is seeking motivated staff that are passionate about embracing each student's individuality and strengths, while supporting their academic success in a friendly, therapeutic, and supportive environment.
Develop positive relationships with the students and staff by sharing the same mission to develop a flexible curriculum to meet the unique needs of our students. In Garvin Intensive, we maintain a higher staff-to-student ratio to ensure that support is as individualized as possible! If you enjoy working with adolescents and value alternative education, apply today!
The Jean Garvin School is a State Board of Education approved independent school. It provides a therapeutic educational program offering unique learning opportunities to inspire personal change and well-being for adolescents, ages 12-18 years, grades 7-12.
Consider this position if you have a Bachelor's Degree, a VT Teaching License and experience teaching adolescents with learning challenges, ASD, Complex Trauma and other mental health challenges. Qualified candidates will be skilled in the areas of classroom management and differentiated instruction. Qualified candidates must be comfortable with and capable of being compassionately assertive and thriving within a dynamic environment that utilizes Relational and Trauma Informed instructional strategies.
Comfortable with and capable of being compassionately assertive and thriving within a dynamic environment that utilizes Relational and Trauma Informed instructional strategies.
Perks & Benefits:
- Comprehensive BCBS Medical with agency-paid premium support for individuals, couples, and families
- Delta dental
- Generous time off starting at 36 days of combined time off per year for full-time employees (and increasing with years of service); pro-rated for positions 16 hours or more
- Agency paid 401K retirement and additional incentive match program
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Childcare stipend
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial payment
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program HC4ME including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy.