To be considered for this Residential Instructor position, you must have a High School Diploma, or equivalent, and a reliable vehicle with an acceptable driving history.
- Initiate constructive activities that address goals on a client's Individual Support Agreement (treatment plan)
- Facilitate community inclusion, daily living and skill acquisition
- Utilization of sound judgement and maintenance of clam demeanor during crisis
- Provide needed behavioral and/or mental health support
- Provide needed personal and/or medical care
- One of experience in a human services or combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skill has been acquired
- Routine lifting
- Valid driver's License, use of a personal vehicle, and an acceptable driving record
- High School Degree or equivalent
- Travel within Chittenden County
- Residential homes located in Burlington, Starksboro and Hinesburg
- This is a union position
- This is a non-exempt position
- This position is paid hourly, at $18.37/hour
Click the link below to hear from individuals currently in this role:
Perks & Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial payment
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program HC4ME including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy.