Join the Northern Lights Program as a Substitute Residential Counselor. Sub - Residential Counselors cover open shifts (day, evening, weekends, asleep overnights) due to vacancies and planned/unplanned time off. Individual will provide a safe and supportive environment and support for women who are transitioning from prison and may have substance abuse and trauma issues.
- Provide crisis intervention,
- Supervision of medication,
- Assistance with daily living skills.
- Work in collaboration with the DOC, case managers, physicians and other community resources and agencies as needed
Watch this YouTube clip to hear from people doing the work!
- High School Diploma (Bachelor degree preferred)
- Some experience working with women.
- Hours vary weekly
- This is a non-benefits eligible position,
Perks & Benefits
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial payment
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program HC4ME including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!