The Howard Center START Team currently seeks sub-peer support specialists. START (Stabilization, Treatment, And Recovery Team) Peer Support Specialists have the unique opportunity to provide direct crisis response/resolution services that are informed and guided by a candidate's personal experience with recovery from mental health and/or substance use conditions.
This individual will be part of a team providing support services to adults in psychiatric crisis. Support is provided in a variety of settings including clients' homes, crisis stabilization facilities, and in venues out in the community. The aim is to help clients achieve stabilization and their highest level of functioning by providing support counseling, working with the client to explore coping strategies and reinforcing problem solving skills.
- Establish and maintain therapeutic relationships with clients, including maintaining good boundaries and acting with professionalism toward clients who might display a wide spectrum of presentations and levels of functioning including resistant and challenging behaviors.
- This candidate will regularly communicate with various professionals about their interactions with clients.
- High School Diploma
- Vehicle and valid drivers license
- Hours vary weekly
- $15.61 per hour.
Perks & Benefits
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial payment
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program HC4ME including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!