Provide support services to adults in psychiatric crisis through connection and relationship building. A Peer Community Recovery Specialist's approach is guided by their personal experience with recovery from mental health and/or substance use conditions. As a community based program, START (Stabilization, Treatment, And Recovery Team) Peer Community Recovery Specialists work in a variety of settings, including clients' homes and hospital settings, both inpatient and emergency rooms.
- Provide community-based peer support services
- Offer mental health recovery support that is strengths based and hope driven
- Advocate for adults in recovery
- Respond to crisis
- Complete administrative tasks
- Valid driver's license and use of a personal vehicle
- Personal experience dealing with challenges of mental illness
- Hours vary weekly
- Non-benefits eligible
- Pay rate is $15.81/hour
Perks & Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial payment
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program HC4ME including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy.