Developmental Services has an ongoing need in our substitute program for Sub Living Skills Specialists to support children and adults with developmental disabilities. Great opportunities in residential settings, day program sites and 1:1 in the community throughout Chittenden County. This is a great opportunity to gain experience or utilize your current skills such as American Sign Language (ASL), behavioral intervention, and community integration.
Shifts are available during all days of the week and all times of the day. Commit to shifts based on your availability while actively contributing to the needs of our sub program.
- Initiate constructive activities that address goals on a client's Individual Support Agreement (treatment plan)
- Facilitate community inclusion, daily living and skill acquisition
- Utilization of sound judgement and maintenance of calm demeanor during crisis
- Provide needed behavioral and/or mental health support
- Provide needed personal and/or medical care
- Three years experience in a human services or combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skill has been acquired
- Valid driver's License, use of a personal vehicle, and an acceptable driving record
- High School Degree or equivalent
- Schedule opportunities for weekday, evening, weekend and overnight hours
- Travel within Chittenden County
- This is a non-exempt position
- This position is paid hourly, at $15.81/hour
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial payment
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program HC4ME including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy.