Provide intervention and delivery of street based outreach services to persons who are experiencing homelessness, mental impairment or substance use concerns. Using a flexible outreach model, establish relationships with these persons. Reduce the reliance on the Burlington Police Department to address social problems and collaborate with the BPD to co-respond when needed.
- Respond to calls for service at the request of the Burlington Police Department (BPD) dispatch or BPD officer
- Provide immediate triage and outreach intervention in the areas of mental health, substance abuse, and child, youth, and family services
- Monitor and prevent escalation of symptoms of mental illness and substance abuse within the community
- Provide interim case management services for individuals before linking them with appropriate community providers
- Valid driver's license and use of a personal vehicle
- 2 year's combination of experience, skills and/or education
- Evening and weekend availability
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Favorable background checks through the Burlington Police Department
- Full-time position (37.5 hours/week)
- This is a non-exempt position
Perks & Benefits:
- Comprehensive BCBS Medical with agency-paid premium support for individuals, couples, and families.
- Delta Dental
- Generous time off starting at 36 days of combined time off per year for full-time employees (and increasing with years of service); pro-rated for positions 16 hours or more.
- Agency paid 401K retirement and additional incentive match program
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Childcare stipend
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial payment
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program HC4ME including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy.