Seeking individual to provide support services for congenitally deaf-blind adults with significant mental health issues. Individual will work in the client home and in the community providing visual and auditory information needed for client to interact with others in the community.
- Initiate constructive activities that facilitate client engagement in the community
- Communicate with client using American Sign Language and other visual and auditory cues as appropriate
- Utilization of sound judgement and maintenance of calm demeanor during crisis
- Provide needed behavioral and/or mental health support
- 1-3 years of experience working with adults who are deaf-blind.
- Fluency in American Sign Language
- Bachelors degree
- Valid driver's license, registered vehicle and automobile insurance that complies with agency policies
- Part-time - 20 hours/week
- Travel within Chittenden County
- This is a benefits eligible position
- Union position
Perks & Benefits:
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy.
- Comprehensive BCBS Medical with agency-paid premium support for individuals, couples, and families.
- Delta Dental
- Generous time off starting at 36 days of combined time off per year for full-time employees (and increasing with years of service); pro-rated for positions 16 hours or more.
- Agency paid 401K retirement and additional incentive match program
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Childcare stipend
- Employee Assistance Program