This is a direct service position working with clients who are a part of the SUCCEED program in the community, residential/home setting, work and/or school. The SUCCEED Program supports young adults who are working towards or are enrolled in post-secondary education. Client needs range in physical location, intensity of supports provided, as well as number of weekly hours and schedule. This direct service role exhibits commitment to the philosophy of community inclusion, self-determination, and individualized growth for people with intellectual disabilities.
To be considered for this Specialized Community Support Worker position, you must have a High School Diploma, or equivalent, and a reliable vehicle with an acceptable driving history.
2 positions currently open with weekend hours.
- Initiate constructive activities that address goals on a client's Individual Support Agreement (treatment plan)
- Facilitate community inclusion, daily living and skill acquisition
- Utilization of sound judgement and maintenance of calm demeanor during crisis
- Provide needed behavioral and/or mental health support
- Provide needed personal and/or medical care
- Experience in human services or combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skill has been acquired
- Use of a personal vehicle and an acceptable driving record
- High School Degree or equivalent
- Each position varies in schedule and number of hours
- Schedule opportunities for weekday, evening, weekend and overnight hours
- Travel within Chittenden County
- This is a union position
- Pay rate $16.20 per hour
- This is a non-exempt position
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy
Perks & Benefits:- Comprehensive BCBS Medical with agency-paid premium support for individuals, couples, and families
- Delta dental
- Generous time off starting at 36 days of combined time off per year for full-time employees (and increasing with years of service); pro-rated for positions 20 hours or more
- Agency paid 401K retirement and additional incentive match program
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Childcare stipend
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial payment
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program HC4ME including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!