This Special Education Teacher role is part time with a small multi-disciplinary team of professionals to meet the academic, social, emotional, and behavioral needs of students; provide intensive instruction to students in literacy and math (one-to-one and small group), facilitate teams for the purpose of re-integrating students into public school, and provide Special Education case management.
Baird School provides an alternative educational environment for children ages 5-14 (grades K-8) whose needs cannot be met in a regular educational environment due to social, emotional and/or behavioral challenges. Students engage in academic, social, emotional, and behavioral programming to develop skills/strategies that will allow them to succeed in the least restrictive educational environment available to them.
Watch this YouTube clip to hear from others doing the work!
Perks & Benefits:
- Comprehensive BCBS Medical with agency-paid premium support for individuals, couples, and families
- Delta dental
- 193 day contract
- Agency paid 401K retirement and additional incentive match program
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Childcare stipend
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial payment
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program HC4ME including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy.