Lakeview is a long term recovery based Howard Center group home for 16 adults courageously living with mental health challenges. Our staff strives to create a safe and supportive home setting. Many of our residents have lived together for decades, and several of our dedicated team members have worked at Lakeview for decades as well.
A Substitute Residential Counselor covers shifts due to vacancies and planned/unplanned time off and has the full responsibilities of a Residential Counselor.
- Maintain a stable, therapeutic environment
- Implement treatment plans
- Teach independent living skills
- Provide supportive counseling, medication management, and crisis intervention, as needed
- Help residents strengthen coping and symptom management skills
- Maintain the safety of the house by monitoring who is coming and going
- Use sound independent judgement when responding to a crisis.
Watch this YouTube clip to hear from people doing the work!
- Must have the ability to exercise sound judgment and be compassionate and respectful
- Human services experience desirable.
- Hours vary weekly
- Non benefits eligible,
- $18.37 hourly rate
Perks & Benefits
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial payment
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program HC4ME including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!