Developmental Services has an ongoing need in our substitute program for Sub Intensive Community Support Workers to support youth and adults with developmental disabilities. Provide intensive, specialized 1:1 clinical support and therapeutic opportunities in the community or residential setting for individuals with developmental disabilities. Provide needed personal or medical care. Some clients also may be non-ambulatory or have limited ambulation skills. Support people with individualized styles of communication when a person may use limited verbal expressions or are non-verbal. Strong clinical skills required.
Shifts are available during all days of the week and times of day. Commit to shifts based on your availability while actively contributing to the needs of our sub program.
Staff in this position provide intensive support to client which may include a high level of personal care, special care procedures, or particular behavioral or mental health supports. Applicants with less experience working with clients with developmental disabilities and personal care are encouraged to review and consider applying to the SUB-Specialized Community Support Worker position.
|Perks & Benefits|
• Employee Assistance Program
• Employee referral program with financial payment
• Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
• Award-winning workplace wellness program HC4ME including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
• Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy.