Great learning opportunity for someone interested in the field of substance abuse. Provide services to adults in a busy short term social detox and crisis stabilization setting.
- Monitor clients' well-being, including level of risk, medical conditions, mental status and /or withdrawal status.
- Provide screenings for incapicitation due to alcohol or other drugs
- Provide short term case management and referrals to appropriate levels of care.
- High School Diploma. BA preferred,
- Ability to deal effectively with crisis situations
- Ability to multi-task and engage with clients
- Basic counseling skills
- Computer literacy
- Good writing skills.
- Hours vary weekly
Perks & Benefits
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial payment
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program HC4ME including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!