12 positions currently open- varied schedules including weekend and evening hours
To be considered for this Residential Instructor position, you must have a High School Diploma, or equivalent, and a reliable vehicle with an acceptable driving history.
- Initiate constructive activities that address goals on a client's Individual Support Agreement (treatment plan)
- Facilitate community inclusion, daily living and skill acquisition
- Utilization of sound judgement and maintenance of clam demeanor during crisis
- Provide needed behavioral and/or mental health support
- Provide needed personal and/or medical care
- Three to four years of experience in a human services or combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skill has been acquired
- Routine lifting
- Valid driver's License, and use of a personal vehicle
- High School Degree or equivalent
- LNA preferred
- Travel within Chittenden County
- Residential homes located in Burlington.
- This is a union position
- This is a non-exempt position
- This position is paid hourly, at $18.37/hour
Click the link below to hear from individuals currently in this role:
Perks & Benefits:- Comprehensive BCBS Medical with agency-paid premium support for individuals, couples, and families
- Delta dental
- Generous time off starting at 36 days of combined time off per year for full-time employees (and increasing with years of service); pro-rated for positions 16 hours or more
- Agency paid 401K retirement and additional incentive match program
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Childcare stipend
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial payment
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program HC4ME including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy.