Establish and maintain a therapeutic environment for adults experiencing long term mental health challenges including struggles with addiction. This is a single - staffed, transitional housing program.
This home provides
long term person-centered support to up to six individuals. Each
resident has their own room and they share a common living room and
kitchen. Residential Counselors provide a supportive presence,
medication distribution and assistance with accessing resources and community connection.
- Work with residents in establishing and reaching goals aimed at independent living
- Provide supportive counseling, medication management, and crisis intervention, as needed
- Help clients develop/strengthen coping and symptom management skills
- Assists in resident's gradual re-integration into the community
- A combination of skills, experience and/or education
- Ability to exercise sound judgement
- Valid driver's license and use of a personal vehicle
Watch this YouTube clip to hear from people doing the work!https://youtu.be/44myM2egZV8
- This is a part time, 19 hours/week
- This is a non-benefit eligible position
- This is a non-exempt position
- This is a union position
- The hourly rate is $16.20
Perks & Benefits:
- Generous time off starting at 36 days of combined time off per year for full-time employees (and increasing with years of service); pro-rated for positions 16 hours or more
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial payment
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program HC4ME including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy.