Maintain a therapeutic and stable residential group home for adults who are considered to have major mental illness and/or substance use issues. The home is a licensed Level IV TCR.
- Provide supportive counseling, medication management, and crisis intervention, as needed
- Help residents strengthen coping and symptom management skills
- Help maintain the overall functioning and cleanliness of the house
- Work with residents on modeling home life and independent living skill
- Engage residents in fun activities or outings in the community
- Take residents to medical appointments
- A combination of skills, experience and/or education
- Valid drivers license and use of a personal vehicle
Watch this YouTube clip to hear from people doing the work!
- Limited Part Time (19 hours/week)
- Saturday 5.30pm to 12.30pm Sunday
- Non-exempt position
- Union eligible position
- $16.20 hourly rate
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial incentive
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program HC4ME including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy