Seeking an energetic and compassionate professional to work at our homeless shelter. Safe Haven is a single-staffed, transitional housing program for adults with mental health challenges. This position offers a four-day work week, first shift, with a full benefits package.
- Provide safe and supportive environment at the shelter
- Mediate conflicts and diffuse escalating situations
- Provide supportive counseling
- Manage medication
- Help clients strengthen coping and symptom management skills
- Must have the ability to exercise sound judgement and be compassionate and respectful
- Bachelors degree
- Human services experience preferred
- Full time (37.5 hours)
- This is a union position
- $16.20 hourly rate
Watch this YouTube clip to hear from people doing the work!
Perks & Benefits:
- Comprehensive BCBS Medical with agency-paid premium support for individuals, couples, and families.
- Delta Dental
- Generous time off starting at 36 days of combined time off per year for full-time employees (and increasing with years of service); pro-rated for positions 16 hours or more.
- Agency paid 401K retirement and additional incentive match program
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Childcare stipend
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial payment
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program HC4ME including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy.