Join the Northern Lights Program as a Residential Counselor. Individual will provide a safe and supportive environment and support for women who are transitioning from prison and may have substance abuse and trauma issues.
In addition to residential support, the program offers individual and group counseling, parenting support, and employment through collaborations with community partners. The mission is to help women build a safe, healthy, and productive life in the community while living independently.
Watch this YouTube clip to hear from people doing the work!
- Develop healthy, therapeutic relationships with residents,
- Facilitate in-house groups related to pro-social activities and life skills,
- Implement treatment plans,
- Communication and documentation of treatment progress,
- Provide crisis intervention,
- Supervision of medication,
- Assistance with daily living skills,
- Work in collaboration with the DOC, case managers, physicians and other community resources and agencies as needed.
- Bachelor's degree
- Must have transportation (vehicle, valid driver's license)
- 40 hours per week
- Sunday 8am-1:30pm, Monday Overnight 9pm-8:30am, Wednesday 9:30-11:30am, Friday Overnight 9pm-Sat 6pm
- This is a union-position
Perks & Benefits:
- Comprehensive BCBS Medical with agency-paid premium support for individuals, couples, and families
- Delta dental
- Generous time off starting at 36 days of combined time off per year for full-time employees (and increasing with years of service)
- pro-rated for positions 16 hours or more
- Agency paid 401K retirement and additional incentive match program
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Childcare stipend
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial incentive
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program HC4ME including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy.