Seeking an energetic and professional individual to maintain a therapeutic and stable residential group home for adults with severe mental illness and/or substance use issues. The home is a licensed Level IV TCR and is staffed by two Residential Counselors at all times.
- Provide supportive counseling, medication management, and crisis intervention, as needed
- Help residents strengthen coping and symptom management skills
- Help maintain the overall functioning and cleanliness of the house
- Plan, shop for, and prepare a nutritious meal every day
- Work with residents on modeling home life and independent living skill
- Engage residents in fun activities or outings in the community
- Take residents to medical appointments
- Must have the ability to exercise sound judgement and be compassionate and respectful
- Bachelor's degree
- Valid drivers license plus vehicle to transport residents
- Human services experience desirable.
- Benefits eligible, Scheduled 24hours/week
- This is a union position
- $16 hourly rate
Watch this YouTube clip to hear from people doing the work!
Perks & Benefits:
- Comprehensive BCBS Medical with agency-paid premium support for individuals, couples, and families.
- Delta Dental
- Generous time off starting at 36 days of combined time off per year for full-time employees (and increasing with years of service); pro-rated for positions 16 hours or more.
- Agency paid 401K retirement and additional incentive match program
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Childcare stipend
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial payment
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program HC4ME including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy.