Provide a safe environment for persons with mental health challenges and co-occurring disorders living in an independent permanent housing environment. This is a part time position, at 20 hours per week. The schedule is Monday through Friday from 9am-1pm.
Allen House is a single-room occupancy (SRO) building with 25 rooms and extensive staff services. The Allen House provides supporting independent living for adults with mental health/co-occurring disorders.
- Provide supportive counseling, medication management, and crisis intervention, as needed
- Help residents strengthen coping and symptom management skills
- A combination of skills, experience and education
- Must be comfortable working independently
- Valid driver's license, and use of a personal vehicle
- This is a part time, benefit eligible position, at 20 hours/week
- This is a non-exempt position
- This is a union position
Perks & Benefits:
- Comprehensive BCBS Medical with agency-paid premium support for individuals, couples, and families.
- Delta Dental
- Generous time off starting at 36 days of combined time off per year for full-time employees (and increasing with years of service); pro-rated for positions 16 hours or more.
- Agency paid 401K retirement and additional incentive match program
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Childcare stipend
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial payment
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program HC4ME including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy.