Seeking RN to provide advanced professional nursing care to patients receiving
Medication Assisted Treatment for opioid use disorder. The RN provides direct
care to patients and families in a buprenorphine Spoke and low barrier
buprenorphine program and syringe exchange. This individual will work
collaboratively with prescribing physicians and care coordination teams to
provide wrap-around care for patients in an outpatient setting.
- Professionally greets and orients incoming patients to the clinical office
- Takes patient history andrecords necessary information on forms for provider review and for patient file.
- Thoroughly documents patient history and treatment in chart to be reviewed by provider
- Demonstrates competency in performance of technical procedures
- Performs specific diagnostic procedures based on the needs of the clinic population.
- Performs treatments and/or procedures as ordered by a provider under designated protocol.
- Under the direction of a provider or by care site protocols,obtains test results and provides information to patient with appropriate treatment plan.
- Assesses patient and begins care delivery according to protocol or reviews with appropriate provider including pregnancy or pre-natalcare, drug user health and safety, harm reduction, overdose prevention,parentingskills, tobacco cessation, co-occurring mental illness, dentalhealth,chronic disease management, personal hygiene and nutrition.
- Collaborates with physicians,health care providers, and social service providers inplanning and providingindividualizedcare. Coordinate with insurers to ensure coverage and continuity of care. Provides comprehensive transitional care to and from hospitals, correctional facilities and residential drug treatment centers.
- Responsible for triage, assessment, documentation and reporting of patient care processes both in a clinical setting and by telephone.
- Schedules appointments, tests, referralsusing computerized scheduling system for providers.
- Provides a clear link to the patient throughout the health care system to ensure patient understanding of the multidisciplinary approach to care.
- Educates patient/family regarding relevant wellness issues, disease process, and treatment plan.
- Provides education about addiction,nutrition, overdose prevention, infectious disease, harm reduction, drug user health and safety and endocarditis prevention.
- Responds to crisis situations and collaborates with co-workers to ensure client and staff safety.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in nursing and education based on that required by State of VT for licensure.
- Excellent attention to detail, organization, ability to multitask.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong nursing skills including client engagement, assessment, treatment, treatment planning, care coordination, and support.
- Computer skills, including use of electronic medical record, Microsoft Word, Outlook, email, Excel.
Perks & Benefits:
BCBS Medical with agency-paid premium support for individuals, couples,
time off starting at 36 days of combined time off per year for full-time
employees (and increasing with years of service)
paid 401K retirement and additional incentive match program
referral program with financial incentive
online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
workplace wellness program HC4ME including physical fitness groups for
staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness
advocacy and education
benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships,
mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
Howard Center is proud
to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service
delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities,
people of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy.