“We value the many contributions of our staff, and we recognize that every person, every job, contributes to the well-being of the children, adults, and families we serve. I hope you will consider joining one of our many teams to make a difference in the lives of so many of our neighbors and community members.”-Bob Bick, Chief Executive Officer
Provide nursing oversight and support for residential programs that serve individuals with persistent and/or severe mental health conditions. Ensure compliance with regulatory guidelines and quality assurance; provide education and training to residential staff on safe medication administration, medical procedures, personal care, common diagnoses and treatments; and consultation for other medical concerns as they arise.
This nurse is a key part of the interdisciplinary team for each residential program - which includes a case manager, residential manager, and residential employees - in addition to a supportive team of nurses who also work in a variety of community based programs at Howard Center. The successful candidate will be able to integrate knowledge, skills, and clinical experience to meet the needs of the clients in these programs. The nurse must enjoy teaching others and advocating for clients to ensure their health and safety. The nurse is flexible, open-minded, and has excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
• Generous time off starting at 36 days of combined time off per year for full-time employees (and increasing with years of service); pro-rated for positions 16 hours or more
• Comprehensive BCBS Medical with 80% agency-paid premium support for individuals, couples, and families (pro-rated for part time). This Point of Service Plan features no deductible.
• Two Dental options through Delta Dental
• Vision Insurance
• Employer 401(k) contributions
• Employer Paid Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term insurance
• Medical & Childcare Flexible Spending Account
• Childcare Stipend
• Employee Assistance Program
• Employee referral program with financial payment
• Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
• Award-winning workplace wellness program including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
• Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
Our Values: Clients are at the heart of our decision making. We are committed to individual and collective well-being and success. We are responsible stewards of the resources entrusted to us. We are steadfast in our practice and pursuit of excellence.
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy.