Registered Nurse is responsible for nursing oversight and support for
residential programs that serve individuals with persistent and/or severe
mental health conditions. This nurse's role is ensuring compliance with
regulatory guidelines and quality assurance; provide education and training to
residential staff on safe medication administration, medical procedures,
personal care, common diagnoses and treatments; and consultation for other
medical concerns as they arise.
nurse is a key part of the interdisciplinary team for each residential program
- which includes a case manager, residential manager, and residential employees
- in addition to a supportive team of nurses who also work in a variety of
community based programs at Howard Center. The successful candidate will
be able to integrate knowledge, skills, and clinical experience to meet the
needs of the clients in these programs. The nurse must enjoy teaching
others and advocating for clients to ensure their health and safety. The
nurse is flexible, open-minded, and has excellent attention to detail and
Part time Registered Nurse opening offering daytime hours Monday through Friday.
- Completes nursing assessments, contributes to interdisciplinary care planning, and evaluates progress to ensure effective outcomes
- Reconciles medications, obtains orders, and oversees medical documentation to ensure adherence to internal policies and procedures as well as state regulations
- Provides medication and health care education to clinicians and staff
- Delegates medication administration to staff
- Provides support to psychiatry providers, including medication refill requests and prior authorizations
- Collaborates with health care providers, case managers, and direct support staff to ensure client's care needs are met
- Contributes to the development of protocols, procedures, client education, and training
- Participates in peer review, quality assurance, and other committees as related to promoting client's health and wellbeing.
- May provide some direct care, including injections and/or phlebotomy, however the nurse is not the primary caregiver in any program
- Associates degree
- State of Vermont License: Registered Nurse
- One year of nursing experience
- Capable in the use of applicable computer software including electronic medical records and basic Microsoft products
- This is part time (28 hours/wk, daytime, weekday)
- This position offers the opportunity for additional compensation through On-Call coverage
- This is an exempt position
- This is a union position
Perks & Benefits:
- Comprehensive BCBS Medical with agency-paid premium support for individuals, couples, and families.
- Delta Dental
- Generous time off starting at 36 days of combined time off per year for full-time employees (and increasing with years of service); pro-rated for positions 16 hours or more.
- Agency paid 401K retirement and additional incentive match program
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Childcare stipend
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial payment
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program HC4ME including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy.