Seeking RN to provide advanced professional nursing care to patients receiving Medication Assisted Treatment for opioid use disorder. The RN provides direct care to patients and families in a buprenorphine Spoke and low barrier buprenorphine program and syringe exchange. This individual will work collaboratively with prescribing physicians and care coordination teams to provide wrap-around care for patients in an outpatient setting.
- Professionally greets and orients incoming patients to the clinical office
- Takes patient history and records necessary information on forms for provider review and for patient file.
- Thoroughly documents patient history and treatment in chart to be reviewed by provider
- Demonstrates competency in performance of technical procedures
- Performs specific diagnostic procedures based on the needs of the clinic population.
- Performs treatments and/or procedures as ordered by a provider under designated protocol.
- Under the direction of a provider or by care site protocols,obtains test results and provides information to patient with appropriate treatment plan.
- Assesses patient and begins care delivery according to protocol or reviews with appropriate provider including pregnancy or pre-natalcare, drug user health and safety, harm reduction, overdose prevention,parentingskills, tobacco cessation, co-occurring mental illness, dentalhealth,chronic disease management, personal hygiene and nutrition.
- Collaborates with physicians,health care providers, and social service providers inplanning and providingindividualizedcare. Coordinate with insurers to ensure coverage and continuity of care. Provides comprehensive transitional care to and from hospitals, correctional facilities and residential drug treatment centers.
- Responsible for triage, assessment, documentation and reporting of patient care processes both in a clinical setting and by telephone.
- Schedules appointments, tests, referralsusing computerized scheduling system for providers.
- Provides a clear link to the patient throughout the health care system to ensure patient understanding of the multidisciplinary approach to care.
- Educates patient/family regarding relevant wellness issues, disease process, and treatment plan.
- Provides education about addiction,nutrition, overdose prevention, infectious disease, harm reduction, drug user health and safety and endocarditis prevention.
- Responds to crisis situations and collaborates with co-workers to ensure client and staff safety.
- Graduation from an RN education program
- Two years of experience in nursing including client engagement, assessment, treatment, treatment planning, care coordination, and support
- Registered Nurse license
- Excellent attention to detail, organization, ability to multitask
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Computer skills, including use of electronic medical record, Microsoft Word, Outlook, email, Excel
- Full-time (37.5 hours/week)
- Union position
Click the link below to hear from Individuals currently in this role:
Perks & Benefits:
- Comprehensive BCBS Medical with agency-paid premium support for individuals, couples, and families.
- Delta Dental
- Generous time off starting at 36 days of combined time off per year for full-time employees (and increasing with years of service); pro-rated for positions 16 hours or more.
- Agency paid 401K retirement and additional incentive match program
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Childcare stipend
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial payment
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program HC4ME including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy.