“We value the many contributions of our staff, and we recognize that every person, every job, contributes to the well-being of the children, adults, and families we serve. I hope you will consider joining one of our many teams to make a difference in the lives of so many of our neighbors and community members.”
-Bob Bick, Chief Executive Officer
Manage and supervise all aspects of service for individuals with intellectual disabilities and/or autism spectrum disorder. Work within a clinical team to develop, plan, and implement case management, therapy, and community/residential assistance.
Click the link below to hear from Individuals currently in this role:
Generous time off starting at 36 days of combined time off per year for full-time
employees (and increasing with years of service); pro-rated for positions 16
hours or more
• Comprehensive BCBS Medical with 80% agency-paid premium support for individuals, couples, and families (pro-rated for part time). This Point of Service Plan features no deductible.
• Two Dental options through Delta Dental
• Vision Insurance
• Employer 401(k) contributions
• Employer Paid Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term insurance
• Medical & Childcare Flexible Spending Account
• Childcare Stipend
• Employee Assistance Program
• Employee referral program with financial payment
• Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
• Award-winning workplace wellness program including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
• Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
*All sign on bonuses are exclusively offered to external staff and will be prorated for any positions with less than 37.5hrs.
*All referral bonuses are exclusively offered to internal staff and external applicants are not eligible.
Our Values: Clients are at the heart of our decision making. We are committed to individual and collective well-being and success. We are responsible stewards of the resources entrusted to us. We are steadfast in our practice and pursuit of excellence.
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color, LGBTQIA and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy.