This Registered Nurse will develop, facilitate, and assess the training and education of all members of the nursing staff with the primary focus of equipping competent nurses to provide quality care for Chittenden Clinic Clients.
The Chittenden Clinic is Howard Center's Opioid Treatment Program, the first OTP in Vermont and the first Hub in Vermont's innovative Hub and Spoke Model. The Chittenden Clinic holds national accreditation through both CARF and NCQHC and was recognized by the National Council for Behavior Health in 2019 for Excellence in Addictions Treatment.
- Develop/update orientation for nurses
- Provide mentoring and clinical leadership to nursing staff
- Arrange/oversee training of nursing staff
- Develop systems to track outcomes/effectiveness of orientations and trainings
- Work in dispensary as dosing nurse as needed
- Bachelor's degree
- Two years of nursing experience
- Unencumbered Registered Nurse license, Vermont license eligible
- Experience working in MAT substance abuse; Experience with education
- This is a full-time position
- This is an exempt position
- This is a benefits eligible position
Perks & Benefits:
- Comprehensive BCBS Medical with agency-paid premium support for individuals, couples, and families
- Delta dental
- Generous time off starting at 36 days of combined time off per year for full-time employees (and increasing with years of service); pro-rated for positions 16 hours or more
- Agency paid 401K retirement and additional incentive match program
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Childcare stipend
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial payment
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program HC4ME including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy.