"We value the many contributions of our staff, and we recognize that every person, every job, contributes to the well-being of the children, adults, and families we serve. I hope you will consider joining one of our many teams to make a difference in the lives of so many of our neighbors and community members."
-Bob Bick, Chief Executive Officer
Click the link below to learn how Howard Center helps change lives:
Manager of Security Operations
Lead Howard Center's physical security and emergency preparedness operations. Work closely with program leaders, applying broad knowledge of the security and emergency planning fields to ensure the agency's varied sites and programs are supported in meeting the safety needs of employees, clients, visitors.
- Coordinate the agency's Health, Safety and Security (HSS) Leadership Team
implement, and monitor policies and procedures related to security and
- Provide consultation and training to programs on security protocols and response plans
- Ensure security technology meets program and site-specific needs
- Lead Hazard Vulnerability Assessment (HVA) process and engage with diverse
stakeholders to develop emergency plans and procedures
- Represent Howard Center at regional emergency response planning activities and exercises
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Industry recognized emergency
planning and security certifications
- Five years' experience
implementing complex security and emergency preparedness programming
- Ability to work outside normal
- Driver's license and use of a
- Full time
- Starting at $64,780
- We offer a competitive salary commensurate to experience
- Generous time off starting at 36 days of combined time off per year for full-time employees (and increasing with years of service); pro-rated for positions 16 hours or more
- Comprehensive BCBS Medical with 80% agency-paid premium support for individuals, couples, and families (pro-rated for part time). This Point of Service Plan features no deductible.
- Two Dental options through Delta Dental
- Vision Insurance
- Employer 401(k) contributions
- Employer Paid Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term insurance
- Medical & Childcare Flexible Spending Account
- Childcare Stipend
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial payment
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
referral and sign on bonus is subject to Howard Center policy
Our Values: Clients are at the heart of our decision making. We are committed to individual and collective well-being and success. We are responsible stewards of the resources entrusted to us. We are steadfast in our practice and pursuit of excellence.
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color, LGBTQIA and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy.