"We value the many contributions of our staff, and we recognize that every person, every job, contributes to the well-being of the children, adults, and families we serve. I hope you will consider joining one of our many teams to make a difference in the lives of so many of our neighbors and community members."
-Bob Bick, Chief Executive Officer
Click the link below to learn how Howard Center helps change lives:
We want you! Visit our weekly hiring event for this specific position. On-site interviews available, and a $1,000 sign-on bonus is offered.
When: Every Wednesday from 1-3pm
Where: 102 S. Winooski Ave., Burlington, Vermont
Living Skills Specialist:
Offer specialized clinical support and opportunities for multiple clients who possess a range of developmental disabilities, significantly challenging behavioral and/or psychiatric issues.
- Provide a therapeutic environment for the physical, medical, and mental health of clients
- Develop a clear assessment of the individual's strengths, and basic needs
- Intervene in crisis situations to stabilize an individual by utilizing a high level of clinical judgment and effective communication with client's team
- Complete daily activity logs, electronic health record documentation, administrative tasks incident/seizure reports, medical/medication logs in a clear and timely manner
- High School degree (or equivalent) required
- At least one year of experience in human services
or combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge
and skill has been acquired
- Valid driver's License, and use of a personal vehicle
- Full time (40 hours) and part time (20 hours or 30 hours)
- Varies in schedule (day and time of day)
- Travel as required for client needs, appointments and for pick-up/drop-off
- Starting at $18.36 an hour
- We offer a competitive salary commensurate to experience
Click the link below to hear from Individuals currently in this role:
- Generous time off starting at 36 days of combined time off per year for full-time employees (and increasing with years of service); pro-rated for positions 16 hours or more
- Comprehensive BCBS Medical with 80% agency-paid premium support for individuals, couples, and families (pro-rated for part time). This Point of Service Plan features no deductible.
- Two Dental options through Delta Dental
- Vision Insurance
- Employer 401(k) contributions
- Employer Paid Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term insurance
- Medical & Childcare Flexible Spending Account
- Childcare Stipend
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial payment
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
- Employee referral and sign on bonus is subject to Howard Center policy.
Our Values: Clients are at the heart of our decision making. We are committed to individual and collective well-being and success. We are responsible stewards of the resources entrusted to us. We are steadfast in our practice and pursuit of excellence.
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color, LGBTQIA and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy.