"We value the many contributions of our staff, and we recognize that every person, every job, contributes to the well-being of the children, adults, and families we serve. I hope you will consider joining one of our many teams to make a difference in the lives of so many of our neighbors and community members."
-Bob Bick, Chief Executive Officer
Click the link below to learn how Howard Center helps change lives:
Inventory and Purchasing Coordinator (Temporary):
Purchase and maintain adequate inventory levels, and distribution of supplies and PPE for all of the agency's sites and programs. This Coordinator works closely with client services customers and the Facilities team to assess and forecast supply needs, manage logistics, and meet the agency's needs for items that contribute to the safety and health of staff and clients during the pandemic.
Ideal candidate will have experience in purchasing and/or supply chain management roles along with proficiency using Microsoft products and other applications.
- Establish working relationships with programs to understand varying program requirements for Covid-related supplies such as cleaning and disinfecting materials, and personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Anticipate and prepare for interruptions in supply chain, strategically developing the agency's stockpile with safe and effective materials
- Research the marketplace to source requested materials at competitive prices
Cultivate supplier relationships, including managing RFPs and vendor contracts
- Place orders, track shipments, coordinate delivery and update documentation regarding incoming supplies
- Receive and store products
- Receive, pack, and deliver supplies for sites and programs to agency locations
- Manage the on-site distribution center
- Identify process inefficiencies, recommending changes to leadership as needed
- Report supply levels and inventory on a weekly basis to Director of Administrative Services
- Maintain tracking data to enable real-time cross-team collaboration
- Communicate regularly with leadership regarding supply status.
- A combination of skills, administrative experience and/or training
- Valid driver's license
- On-site availability
- Non-exempt position
Perks & Benefits:
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial payment
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program HC4ME including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
Our Values: Clients are at the heart of our decision making. We are committed to individual and collective well-being and success. We are responsible stewards of the resources entrusted to us. We are steadfast in our practice and pursuit of excellence.
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review.