The Jarrett House is a crisis stabilization program specializing in trauma treatment and psychiatric care of children. The Jarrett House is a staff-secure residential home in Burlington serving Vermont children ages 5-13, who are experiencing an acute mental health emergency. Interventionists maintain a healthy living environment by providing supervision, modeling healthy interactions, and responding safely to escalated behavior.
Explore your natural talents and build social work skills while making lasting impressions on at-risk children. Applicants must have flexibility to work evenings/weekends. All of our positions focus on professional development through training and supervision, and offer the opportunity for advancement.
- Develop healthy, therapeutic relationships with residents
- Coordinate/implement behavior plans
- Assess/adjust the milieu to ensure proper supervision and crisis management
- Communication and Documentation of treatment progress
- A combination of experience, skills and/or education
- Experience working with children with emotional/behavioral challenges
- Valid driver's License and use of a personal vehicle
- Two part time positions available, 19 hours (10:30pm-7:30am Friday and Saturday) and 20 hours (11am-9pm Wednesday and Thursday)
- This is a union position
- This is a non-exempt position
- This is an hourly position, at $18.37/hour
Perks & Benefits
- Voluntary benefits start at 20 hours per week
- Generous time off starting at 36 days of combined time off per year for full-time employees (and increasing with years of service); pro-rated for positions 16 hours or more
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial payment
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program HC4ME including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy.