"We value the many contributions of our staff, and we recognize that every person, every job, contributes to the well-being of the children, adults, and families we serve. I hope you will consider joining one of our many teams to make a difference in the lives of so many of our neighbors and community members."
-Bob Bick, Chief Executive Officer
Click the link below to learn how Howard Center helps change lives:
Interventionist - Autism Spectrum Program:
Employees in this position may be eligible for up to $5,000 in grant-funded tuition or loan assistance.
Provide 1:1 treatment service to individuals ages 2-21 with an autism spectrum disorder. Services are provided in, home, school, and community settings, targeting teaching essential skills including social communication, adaptive behavior, daily living, and functional learning skills.
Interventionists receive comprehensive training in Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) as well as excellent supervision.
- Using the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis, effectively implement treatment techniques
- Implement identified behavior management techniques
- Implement crisis intervention strategies when needed
- Collect/record daily data effectively
- Safely transport clients
- Complete clinical documentation
- One years' combination of experience, skills and/or education
- Valid driver's License, use of a reliable vehicle with an acceptable driving history
- Ability to establish positive, therapeutic relationships with children while safely managing behavior
- Solid oral/written communication skills
- Full time (37.5 hours)
- Starting at $21.85 an hour
- We offer a competitive salary commensurate to experience
- Generous time off starting at 36 days of combined time off per year for full-time employees (and increasing with years of service); pro-rated for positions 16 hours or more
- Comprehensive BCBS Medical with 80% agency-paid premium support for individuals, couples, and families (pro-rated for part time). This Point of Service Plan features no deductible.
- Two Dental options through Delta Dental
- Vision Insurance
- Employer 401(k) contributions
- Employer Paid Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term insurance
- Medical & Childcare Flexible Spending Account
- Childcare Stipend
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial payment
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
- Employee referral and sign on bonus is subject to Howard Center policy.
Our Values: Clients are at the heart of our decision making. We are committed to individual and collective well-being and success. We are responsible stewards of the resources entrusted to us. We are steadfast in our practice and pursuit of excellence.
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color, LGBTQIA and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy.