Intensive Community Support Worker- Floaters provide community-based, specialized, one on one support to clients who possess
a range of intellectual disabilities. Patience, relationship-building
skills, and boundary-setting are necessary skills for this position,
as some individuals you will work with have challenging
behaviors. Other individuals may require assistance with personal care.
Flexibility, creativity, and a sense of humor will help candidates succeed as
well as a positive can do attitude. Candidates must enjoy being physically
active and have knowledge of Chittenden County resources. Knowledge and skills
in de-escalation techniques strongly desired.
To be considered for
this Intensive Community Support Worker- Floater position, you must have a
High School Diploma, or equivalent, and a reliable vehicle with an acceptable
Currently, there are multiple individual positions
available with varied schedules.
- Initiate constructive activities that address goals
on a client's Individual Support Agreement (treatment plan)
- Facilitate community inclusion, daily living and
- Utilization of sound judgement and maintenance of calm
demeanor during crisis
- Provide needed behavioral and/or mental health support
- Provide needed personal and/or medical care
- Work with a variety of clients each day with a rotating
- High School Degree or equivalent
- Three years experience in a human services or
combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge
and skill has been acquired
- Valid driver's License, use of a personal vehicle, and
an acceptable driving record
- Travel within Chittenden County
- This is a union position
- This is a non-exempt position
- This position is paid hourly, at $18.37/hour
Perks & Benefits:
- Comprehensive BCBS Medical with agency-paid premium support for individuals, couples, and families.
- Delta Dental
- Generous time off starting at 36 days of combined time off per year for full-time employees (and increasing with years of service); pro-rated for positions 16 hours or more.
- Agency paid 401K retirement and additional incentive match program
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Childcare stipend
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial payment
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program HC4ME including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy.