Hone your clinical skills by providing an initial co-occurring mental health and substance use assessment for
clients entering our organization. In this role you will meet with the
client to assess, diagnose, determine needs and offer recommendations and
referrals to appropriate services. In this position you will be part of a
connected and supportive team that works together to get services to clients.
Grow your knowledge of services in the Chittenden County area as you are
trained to work across all client populations regardless of age or diagnosis.
initial psychosocial assessment to children, youth & adults
treatment and service recommendations
in treatment team meetings
- Develop expertise
regarding services within Howard Center and the community
Effective January 1, 2016, Vermont regulation mandates that individuals who are on the Roster of Nonlicensed Noncertified Psychotherapists, through the Office of Professional Regulation, must be actively working towards professional licensure and be fully licensed within 5 years of Roster date of issue. This rule does not apply to First Call for Chittenden County.
- MSW, Master of Psychology, or other Master's
Degree in related field
- On the roster of Non-licensed and Non-certified Psychotherapists
- 1 year of experience working in the social work/human services field
with assessment, diagnosis and crisis intervention/de-escalation
- Valid driver's license and an acceptable driving record with use of a personal vehicle
- Full time (37.5 hours/week)
- Annual salary $46,644.00 ($48,691.50 with licensure)
- This is a union position
- This is an exempt position
Perks & Benefits:
- Comprehensive BCBS Medical with agency-paid premium support for individuals, couples, and families.
- Delta Dental
- Generous time off starting at 36 days of combined time off per year for full-time employees (and increasing with years of service); pro-rated for positions 16 hours or more.
- Agency paid 401K retirement and additional incentive match program
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Childcare stipend
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial payment
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program HC4ME including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy.