Howard Center's Facilities
Department is seeking a full-time Environmental Services Specialist.
- Provide special project cleaning.
- Accountable for proper floor maintenance practices.
- Knowledge of routine and complex cleaning.
- Provides back up coverage for co-workers.
- Provides assistance to co-workers.
- Purchases necessary chemicals and repair parts.
- Schedules and reschedules special projects.
- Works with program managers and staff to accommodate
- Maintains stock of inventory for van.
- Assists with service and repairs of equipment.
- Acts as BCS Manager in their absence
- High School or equivalent
- Must have valid driver's license and transportation
- Proven experience as a cleaner or housekeeper
- Ability to work with little supervision and maintain a
high level of performance
- Customer-oriented and friendly
- Prioritization and time management skills
- Working quickly without compromising quality
- Full-time (40 hours/week)
- Benefits eligible
Perks & Benefits:
- Comprehensive BCBS Medical with agency-paid premium support for individuals, couples, and families.
- Delta Dental
- Generous time off starting at 36 days of combined time off per year for full-time employees (and increasing with years of service); pro-rated for positions 16 hours or more.
- Agency paid 401K retirement and additional incentive match program
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Childcare stipend
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial payment
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program HC4ME including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy.