Community Support Programs has an opening for an Educator - Life Skills. Provide life skills education, social engagement, resource connection, and supportive counseling to individuals with a major mental illness.
The Community Support Programs serves adults residing in Chittenden County who are living with a major mental illness and co-occurring substance use challenges. Supports provided include home-based services, transportation to medical appointments, and community-based services. Consider this position if you would like to assist in a person's recovery with a strengths-based and client-focused approach.
- Provide supportive counseling.
- Provide independent living skills education and help with symptom management and coping skills.
- Assist with household management; crisis intervention and general problem-solving.
- Provide assistance with transportation, and obtaining medical services.
- Provide assistance with financial management and budgeting.
- A combination of experience and education will be considered
- Ability to work compassionately and respectfully with individuals with a major mental illness.
- Ability to understand and assess clients' physical, emotional, financial and social needs.
- Must possess valid Vermont driver's license, registered vehicle and automobile insurance that complies with Agency policy.
- Full-time (37.5 hours/week)
- Benefits Eligible
- This is a union position
- $15.81 per hour
Perks & Benefits:
- Comprehensive BCBS Medical with agency-paid premium support for individuals, couples, and families
- Delta dental
- Generous time off starting at 36 days of combined time off per year for full-time employees (and increasing with years of service)
- Agency paid 401K retirement and additional incentive match program
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Childcare stipend
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial incentive
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program HC4ME including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy.