The Director provides daily and strategic oversight of the Chittenden Clinic, Howard Center's Opioid Treatment Program; the first OTP in Vermont in 2002 later became the first Hub in Vermont's innovative Hub and Spoke Model. In collaboration with the leadership team and other supervisors, including working with nationally recognized Medical Director, Clinical Director, Director of Nursing and Security Supervisor this team maintains adherence to accreditation standards, and state and federal regulatory requirements.
The Chittenden Clinic holds national accreditation through both CARF and NCQHC and was recognized by the National Council for Behavior Health in 2019 for Excellence in Addictions Treatment.
- Provides leadership to all departments within the program
- Supervises the leadership team consisting of Medical Director, Clinical Director, Director of Nursing, and Security Supervisor
- Focused on understanding and addressing client and community substance misuse needs
- Oversees adherence to accreditation standards, and State and federal regulatory requirements
- Responsible for revenue generation, fiscal management, staff recruitment and retention, client engagement, safety of clients and staff
- Maintains public relations
- Promotes values of respect, inclusion, diversity and the de-stigmatization of mental health and substance use disorders
- Represents the agency in State or community wide planning initiatives including interagency triage team or advisory committees related to substance use disorders
- Works with agency staff and others in the community to improve substance use disorder services along a continuum of care in a variety of settings
- Facilitates professional development training related to co-occurring treatment and substance use disorders
- Master's degree required in a related field
- Five years of substance abuse treatment work
- Five years of supervisory and management experience
- Clinical License required; Vermont license eligible
- Valid driver's license, an acceptable driving record with use of a personal vehicle
- This is a full time
- This is an exempt position
Perks & Benefits:
- Comprehensive BCBS Medical with agency-paid premium support for individuals, couples, and families.
- Delta Dental
- Generous time off starting at 36 days of combined time off per year for full-time employees (and increasing with years of service); pro-rated for positions 16 hours or more.
- Agency paid 401K retirement and additional incentive match program
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Childcare stipend
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial payment
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program HC4ME including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy.