We value the many contributions of our staff, and we recognize that every person, every job, contributes to the well-being of the children, adults, and families we serve. I hope you will consider joining one of our many teams to make a difference in the lives of so many of our neighbors and community members."
-Bob Bick, Chief Executive Officer
Click the link below to learn how Howard Center helps change lives:
Developmental Services Peer Mentor
Peer Mentors provide support services to adults with intellectual disabilities or autism spectrum disorder in community settings. Services provided by peer mentoring are informed and guided by individuals with personal experience in accessing Home and Community Based services through the Developmental Service Waiver. As a community-based program, mentors work in a variety of settings, including clients' homes and hospital settings, both in patient and emergency rooms.
- Provide community-based peer support in identified areas of expertise i.e., employment, independent living, health and wellness, emotion regulation, housing, transportation, and person-centered planning
- Advocate for adults with ASD/ID
- Offer phone support to peers managing feelings of loneliness through a warm line
- Complete administrative tasks
- Perform related duties as assigned within your scope of practice
- High School degree or GED preferred
- Access to reliable transportation
- Personal experience with accessing Home and Community Based Services
- Willingness to learn through training and experience
- Part time
- Starting at $20.00 an hour
- We offer a competitive salary commensurate to experience
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial payment
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Retirement through 401(k)
- Award-winning workplace wellness program including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
- Employee referral and sign on bonus is subject to Howard Center policy.
Our Values: Clients are at the heart of our decision making. We are committed to individual and collective well-being and success. We are responsible stewards of the resources entrusted to us. We are steadfast in our practice and pursuit of excellence.
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy.