We value the many contributions of our staff, and we recognize that every person, every job, contributes to the well-being of the children, adults, and families we serve. I hope you will consider joining one of our many teams to make a difference in the lives of so many of our neighbors and community members."
-Bob Bick, Chief Executive Officer
Click the link below to learn how Howard Center helps change lives:
Employees in this position may be eligible for up to $5,000 in grant-funded tuition or loan assistance.
Work alongside First Call for Chittenden County crisis team to provide support to clients who need care coordination, follow-up, or proactive support in accessing crisis or emergency support services. Services are intended to provide in the moment support, connect the individual or family to services and resources, and coordinate care among providers or systems. This position is mobile throughout Chittenden County and coordinates with multiple stakeholders and providers both in and outside of Howard Center to best meet individual or family needs.
- Provide outreach, follow-up, or support for individual or family in crisis
- Determine appropriate services/referrals a client needs and connect to FCCC Clinician where necessary
- Provides information and referral or care coordination services for internal and external programs, resources, and services
- Review and gather clinical information for crisis clinicians or providers to support service delivery, placement, or follow up from crisis encounter
- Provide additional assistance in post intervention, or local/regional disaster or tragedy community response
- Transport clients in personal vehicle in the community when appropriate
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- Two years of experience working in human services field
- Broad understanding of the system of care and social service programs
- Experience with outreach, care coordination, crisis intervention and safety planning
- Valid driver's license and use of a personal vehicle.
- Full Time
- Salary starting at $44,353.26
- We offer a competitive salary commensurate to experience
- Generous time off starting at 36 days of combined time off per year for full-time employees (and increasing with years of service); pro-rated for positions 16 hours or more
- Comprehensive BCBS Medical with 80% agency-paid premium support for individuals, couples, and families (pro-rated for part time). This Point of Service Plan features no deductible.
- Two Dental options through Delta Dental
- Vision Insurance
- Employer 401(k) contributions
- Employer Paid Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term insurance
- Medical & Childcare Flexible Spending Account
- Childcare Stipend
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial payment
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
- Employee referral and sign on bonus is subject to Howard Center policy.
Our Values: Clients are at the heart of our decision making. We are committed to individual and collective well-being and success. We are responsible stewards of the resources entrusted to us. We are steadfast in our practice and pursuit of excellence.
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color, LGBTQIA and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy.