Please submit a Cover letter and Resume
Howard Center is seeking an Executive Assistant to cover a leave from October through March. The Executive Assistant ensures day to day administrative support needs of the Executive Leadership Team are met with expert contextual knowledge, accurate and customer-oriented communications, and the highest degree of confidentiality.
- Provide support including but not limited to: daily scheduling, reading and analyzing incoming communications to determine prioritization, receiving visitors and determining appropriate access to executive staff, and engaging with executives daily to meet and anticipate needs.
- Provide comprehensive administrative support to the Board of Trustees
- Assist executive staff with administrative tasks such as copying, filing, faxing, organization, stocking individual offices, accounting for purchases, completing invoices, and local travel for business-related errands such as food for meetings, supplies, work orders, etc.
- Support executive staff through professional, articulate and complete written and verbal communications, often communicating on their behalf.
- Conduct research and effectively communicates with executives on findings and creates accurate, visually pleasing and concise reports as needed.
- Open and close building when necessary for executive staff and board meetings outside normal business hours.
- Coordinate executive travel arrangements as needed including reservations, itinerary planning, meeting arrangements and logistics as needed.
- Provide comprehensive meeting support including room reservations and preparation, coordination of activities and technology, monitoring for needs as they arise, and taking and promptly distributing meeting minutes as requested,
- Actively seek out opportunities for efficiency and process improvement for executive team administrative functions.
- Engage with clients and stakeholders in a warm and professional manner, ensuring appropriate communication supports such as interpreting services are provided as needed.
- Partner with administrative and client services leadership, facilities and other business units in coordinating use and maintenance of physical spaces to support functioning and use for staff and clients , maximize efficiency and ensure physical space reflects Howard Center's professional image
- Manage small projects when required by the executive team.
- Assist executive staff by ensuring that individual and shared information assets (e.g. electronic files, paper, reference materials, databases) are organized, searchable, and current.
- Ensure executive staff and designees can access audio/visual equipment as needed.
- Provide basic technology assistance/troubleshooting support to executive staff, involving IT when necessary. Assists executive staff with conferencing and asynchronous collaboration tools.
- Experience with board support and supporting a team of executives.
- Experience relevant to human services, executive support, legal assistant/paralegal work and business administration.
- Abilities contributing to success include but are not limited to: diplomacy, confidentiality, assertiveness, reliability, flexibility, self-motivation, and professionalism.
Perks & Benefits
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial payment
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program HC4ME including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!